- Birding Northern Peru
- Birding South America & Peru
- Birding Southern Peru
- Birding Machu Picchu
- Birding Huacarpay & Cusco
- Birding Cusco & Abra Malaga
- Birding Condor Valley & Apurimac Endemics
- Birding Manu & Machupicchu
- Birding Manu National Park
- Birding Andes to the Amazon
- Birding Manu Cloud Forest
- Birding Manu Biosphere
PopularBirding Manu & Machupicchu
Birdwatching Machupicchu and Manu Biosphere Reserve 14 DaysBirding Southern Peru
Birding South America & Peru BirdingBirding Northern Peru
Birdwatching North of Peru & Birding Peru
Contact UsFor More Information
Birding Condor Valley & Apurimac Endemics
Endemics of Apurimac & Andean Condors
TOUR ITINERARY: 1 DAY BIRDING.
Day 1: Cusco(3360m) to Condor Valley (3380m)Today we will drive for three hours to the Endemic area searching for Apurimac Brush-Finch, Apurimac Spinetail, Vilcabamba Tapaculo, and many other endemics like White-tufted Sunbeam, Chestnut-breasted Mountain Finch, Creamy Creasted Spinetail, Rusty fronted Canastero, and others species from the High Andes dry-forest. After 09:30 am we will drive to the Condor Valley. A special itinerary to see and photograph the Andean Condors (Vultur gryphus). One hour more drive to Chonta village then we walk for one hour to the point to see the Andean Condors, the activity start from 10:30am until 18:15 pm. The Condor Valley is above the Apurimac River, this place is for nesting and sleeping area. Late in the afternoon we will drive back to Cusco. L.
- PRICE: $ 195 per person. (min.2 passengers)
- INCLUDED: Picnic lunch,transportation, check list and Expert bilingual birdguide.
- NOT INCLUDED: Personal expenses
- Length: 1 day
- Starting city: Cusco
- Ending city: Cusco
- physical difficulty: Easy to moderate
- Focus: Birding the Apurimac Endemics & Andean Condors
- Group size limit: 9
Walking: The walking effort is easy to moderate.
Climate: Rather variable. sunny, though on other days it can be cool and overcast. At high altitudes conditions range from cool to decidedly cold in the early morning.
* PLEASE CHECK OUR AMPAY BIRD LIST
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.AMAZON BIRDING: Conservation through bird-ecotourism.